I believe that people are at the heart of everything and that we people input into the overall system and we have a personal responsibility to ensure balance and health in this overall system, starting with our own lives. We are here to learn, to create and to grow. And that is what this blog is about.
My knowledge creation and interpretation of reality is based and founded on social constructivism. Several consequences subsequently arise from the discussion about knowledge creation:
- Individuals are actors and objectivity does not exist nor does the subject-object division.
- The observer is part of the observing system and therefore influences all observations.
- There is an underlying order of the world (one reality) and many perceptions of reality, similar to the third world in Popper’s realism..
- The individual interprets actions based on culture, up-bringing and previous decisions.
- The human being is not static but constantly evolving, hence perceptions of reality and interpretations change depending on the change in their life conditions.
- There is a need for self-reflection and self-referencing, as constructivism is only relevant when in relationship to the external world.
- The ethical imperative of acting is such as the number of choices increases (Von Foerster, 1993)
- Therefore, decisions are being made precisely because of the increasing number of choices and the arising uncertainties.
I am the Strategy Development Director of Evenbase, so I just want to clarify, that the views expressed in this blog are my personal views, nothing more and nothing less. Sometimes you will find similar opinions within Evenbase, sometimes you will find differing opinions. But that is the beauty of life, that we have different perspectives, different opinions and different outlooks.
Fortune favours the bold.