As part of Jobsite’s Quarterly Market Tracker (run by HPI) we also looked at the impact of smart phones. Let me share some interesting findings with you:
- 43% of the UK job seekers own a smart phone
- 44% of the smart phone users watch news on their smart phone, 38% watch music videos, 25% watch sport clips.
- Google and BBC top the charts of websites visited via smart phones and therefore equal their rankings in websites visited.
- Biggest increases (in comparison to visited websites) are recorded for Apple. com, Channel4, SkySports & news.sky.com
- Biggest decreases (in comparison to visited websites) are recorded for ITV.com, Yahoo and Guardian.co.uk.
- The iplayer is the most often used video on demand site (by quite some margin), followed by 4 on Demand and then ITV.
All in all it shows – once again – that mobile is becoming more and more important and that VOD is making real inroads. It also highlights that a brand’s use of mobile has the potential of reshaping the market and its dynamics.