On January 24th we launched Evenbase. The external part of the launch was driven by exclusive briefings on the announcement with Evenbase CEO Keith Potts for DeeDee Dokes (editor of The Recruiter, a UK trade publication) and Bill Boorman (founder of TruEvents, social media connector, in the top 100 HRExaminers Influencers in Recruitment list). This activity was immediately followed by posts on jobsite.co.uk and on my own blog and obviously retweeted and spread by Evenbase citizens.
To understand the effects better, we asked Radian6 to observe, investigate and analyse. You can read the highlights in the slide show below:
It is fascinating, isn’t it? Here are my key outtakes:
- Blogging is an essential part of any communication activity. For me, it is not only an essential part but the starting point.
- People have more influence than brands (citizen branding). The more you can personalise the social media-ing, the more impact you will have.
- Insights and analysis trumps breaking news. The more you share, the more you reap.
- Combining breaking news with analysis and commentary is the future for traditional journalism, not in one article, but in consecutive articles in quick succession.
- Blogging has no restrictions, while trade media is, by its very nature, mainly national.
- Blogging is about sharing the content through all the different outposts. Trade media is about building the homebase. Reaching out to a community/audience versus attracting an audience or building a community.
- Blogging is about interactions and connections and takes its strength from this bonzo style.
- Blogging is driven by passion and posts are often one hit wonders but would be even more impactful if supported by a communication strategy with longer term objectives.
- You’ll always find influencers that weren’t on your radar.
One of the exciting part of social media is the ability how content spreads and to experience a real-time feedback loop. It is fascinating and rewarding. At the same time, we at Evenbase are only at the beginning in our understanding and ramping up of on social media as the heart of our communication activities. I’m already looking forward in applying the new learnings when we will be sharing our next exciting developments.